All Road Training
Call +44 (0)1953 889333
Safeguard your drivers. Protect your business. Save money.
Advanced Driver Training (AKA Defensive Driving Courses)
Whilst there is more to consider when it comes to managing road safety than just advanced driver training, spending time out on the road with an expert, friendly and engaging advanced trainer is by far the most successful way to develop knowledge, awareness and safety; producing unparalleled long-term benefit.
All Road Training provide a complete service in driver risk management; from developing the skill of a single driver to assisting with all aspects of Driving at Work for your company. A full satisfaction guarantee is available with our advanced driving courses, as indeed is free re-training, for complete peace of mind and ultimate value. In short, we are here to deliver advanced driver training to the very highest of standards.
How do advanced driving courses benefit your business?
Aside from well trained drivers being much more aware on the road, and subsequently far less likely to be involved in a collision (even those caused by other drivers), all employers have a legal Duty of Care obligation towards employees when Driving at Work. To see how Driving at Work legislation affects your business, click here. Having an effective driver risk management system in place protects you and your business from potential prosecution that can result in fines of £20,000 and much more. Moreover, advanced driver training also brings other significant economic advantages, such as:
- Reduce bent metal repair costs and uninsured losses thanks to fewer collisions; including those all-too-common manoeuvring scrapes and dings.
- Reduce your insurance premium with an improved safety record.
- Reduce vehicle running costs through less wear and tear.
- Reduce driver fatigue, stress and back-ache, cutting the number of ‘sick days’.
- Reduce your fuel costs by as much as 20%; usually creating a net saving of many thousands of pounds every year if you issue your drivers with fuel cards.
If your business does use fuel cards, or any other method of providing fuel rather than repaying mileage expenses, please follow the link to use our Return On Investment Calculator and see the likely financial advantage to your own business of advanced driver training. By entering a few simple details, you will discover the true cost of such training to your company. The results may well surprise you, as effective training is likely to save you many thousands of pounds each year across your vehicle fleet.
Why is advanced driver training necessary?
- On average, 5 people were killed on British roads every day in 2013, and a further 60 seriously injured.
- According to the Health & Safety Executive, it is estimated that around a third of all road traffic collisions involve someone who is driving for the purpose of work at the time. This equates to 11 fatalities, 139 serious injuries and a further 1000 personal injuries every week.
What else should you do to protect your employees and business?
- As with other areas of your work activity, you need to have a comprehensive road safety policy specific to your business needs. This must be in writing if the company has 5 or more employees.
- You are legally obliged to risk assess your drivers, and the driving they are required to do.
- Control measures, such as advanced driver training, should be provided to drivers reasonably considered as being at risk (e.g. those who drive regularly for work, are new to driving in the UK, have a poor accident record, or who were classified as high or medium risk through substantive driver risk profiling).
- Information on safe practices should be provided to all drivers, designed to eliminate or minimise the driving risks identified.
- Risk assessments should be reviewed regularly, taking in to account accident statistics and other concerns within your business.
How does All Road Training help?
By providing highly effective and affordable solutions, tailored to your business, that:
- Help you comply with current legislation; protecting directors from potential prosecution.
- Identify and remedy driving tasks and drivers that cause significant risk.
- Greatly reduce the frequency and severity of collisions.
- Improve fuel efficiency and cut carbon emissions.
- Reduce operating costs through better driving standards.
- Fully engage with and motivate your drivers for long-term benefit.
- Promote a positive company image through better driving standards.
Advanced Driver Training Formats
Our standard training formats offer you the choice of:
- Half Day per driver
- Full Day per driver
- Full Day shared by 2 drivers
- Please get in touch to find out just how cost effective Advanced Driver Training can be. We will prepare a bespoke quotation to cover your specific training requirements.
As part of our commitment to cut fleet costs and emissions, All Road Training is pleased to have sponsored the 2013 Carbon Reduction Conference in London, where the leaders of key public sector bodies will gather to discuss strategy for achieving the government’s commitment to reducing CO².